Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Abra-Canaveral

Headline: Next try for shuttle launch on the 4th

KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, Fla. — NASA will try again to launch shuttle Discovery on the Fourth of July after two days of bad weather kept the ship parked on Earth.

“What a great gift NASA could give to the nation to return the shuttle to space on Independence Day,” said John Shannon, deputy shuttle program manager.
That would be amazing. A truly magical moment for the space program and for all of the those who are lucky enough to witness such a spectacular display.

I can only imagine the heartwarming conversations held on front porches all over central Florida during the launch.

"Hey, Ethel! What the? Did you see that?? That's the biggest danged ole' bottle rocket I ever did seen!"

"Well, then hell. Get the shells ready! If they can get away with doing that, then I'm blasting away my shotgun at midnight. hee hee."

God Bless America

6 Comments:

Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

I do love my country, warts and all. God bless America.

6:17 AM, July 04, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

That's what makes it so great! :)

7:51 AM, July 04, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

You decribe Floridians pretty accurately! Despite my bad attitude...I love being an American.

7:55 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

John - the description comes easily when people here are just like that.

not me, of course, my 20 hound dogs would've been too afraid of all the commotion. ;)

5:01 AM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Funny how Kim Jong fires his own missiles on that day. I think that's the North Korean version of giving us "the finger."

12:01 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Yes, Phoenix, I believe you're right. Curious to see what happens next.

12:20 PM, July 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home