Wednesday, May 24, 2006

And the Beak Goes On

Headline: Boo Boo the Chicken dies
ARKADELPHIA, Ark. - The exotic chicken that was saved from drowning by mouth-to-beak resuscitation more than three months ago has died, her owner said.
I did a piece on this chicken a while back, but at the time I had no idea it was considered an exotic chicken! How could that be determined? Was she wearing a feather boa?

I'm fairly certain those hillbillies will have a formal funeral for the bird, complete with an honor guard comprised of farmers. Let's just hope they don't use actual chickens as bagpipes when they play Amazing Grace. And let's also hope if there is a 21-gun salute that the barrels are facing away from the henhouse.

Even though Boo Boo bought the farm, while she was here she managed to pump out 3 eggs. And I'm very happy to announce that not only did one of them hatch, but also the chick bears a striking resemblence to the mom.

It's poultry in motion.

6 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

As a friend of mine says, "more cluck for your buck."

7:29 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I'm afraid to know what he's referring to...

7:35 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy said...

No way, I can't believe there was a follow up to that story!!!

7:43 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger StringMan said...

Good gosh, where do I begin: boo boo bought the farm, feather boa, poultry in motion ... your usual brilliant stuff! Where is Colonel Sanders in all this, I wonder?

8:48 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

ITJ: I couldn't believe it either - at least now we know *the rest of the story*...

Stringman: thank you. I think the Colonel is figuring out a new recipe for exotic chicken sandwiches.

3:15 AM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Ahhhh ... a pun after my own heart!

I think it's a boo-tiful end to the story.

-- david

6:29 PM, May 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home