Friday, May 12, 2006

Byrne-ing Question

Headline: Gabriel Byrne: A Hard Actor to Characterize

On Friday, the Irish star's latest opens. It's called Wah-Wah, and it puts him at the end of British colonial rule in Swaziland.

Okay, I'm convinced. I'm officially a retard.

I like Gabriel but I don't think I like him enough to go to a box office window and say, "two for Wah Wah, please."

How do you even pronounce that word? As if you're asking for a drink of water? Or as in excessive whining? Either way, it sounds like you're speaking a weird language out of Zimbawe or something.

I must confess, I've been saying it repeatedly and it's sort of fun. Maybe I should drink a glass of wah wah and try to come up with something better to write about.

2 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

Pretty hard to vocalize, but any guitarist will tell you, easily rendered!

7:25 AM, May 12, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

hilarious - just had an image of Jack Black doing his air guitar/vocal antics. That would be funny to do at the box office but I'm not sure they'd sell me a ticket. :)

7:28 AM, May 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home