Friday, May 19, 2006

Vodka Hell Happened Here?

Headline: Fish killed as soft drink leaks from factory

It seems that Sunny D, formerly known as Sunny Delight, is not half as bad for children as it is for fish. Around 8,000 litres of concentrate used to make the drink leaked into a watercourse on Wednesday morning, turning the river bright yellow.

I'd have to concentrate to leak 8,000 litres as well - even after too many beers!

I heard Prince wanted to be called Sunny D, but they got to it first. Thank God or else it would've been another Purple Rain. And who the hell needs that shit?!? - - other than Wendy and Lisa.

Aside from the fish, I wonder how many vodka jokes were floating around on that day? That mop-up effort had to be quite the job. That's a lot of wringing out to do. I'm glad I'm not an environmentalist, I hate mopping.

I also hate the word seepage. Sounds more like you need a shot or something to make that go away. Tequilla would've worked out nicely in this case.

If I worked on that emergency action team (aka: EAT - coincidence? I think not), I would've just busted out the curly straws and shot glasses, but that's just me.

On a positive note, after all the clean-up and hard work, the workers enjoyed a D-licious dinner: fish a l'orange.

5 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

Gives a whole new meaning to "taking a leak".

2:19 PM, May 19, 2006  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

4 od my son's goldfish died. I can never eat fish a la orange or however it is said again. But fun to read. Cool blog. I will visit again.

6:24 PM, May 19, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

John: 8,000 liters is a bit much though, don't you think?

EOTR: Thank you! Hope you enjoy my brand of BS. (...sorry about the goldfish.)

6:58 PM, May 19, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

Well...the MacKenzie brothers had no problem putting out the fire at the Institute!

8:07 PM, May 19, 2006  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

I do like your humor. I've been reading your other stories--where do you get them? They are good.

(2 more fish died this weekend. We are fish killers.)

2:38 PM, May 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home