Sunday, May 21, 2006

Hello?

Headline: Baghdad's Lionel Richie Obsession

Grown Iraqi men get misty-eyed by the mere mention of his name. "I love Lionel Richie," they say. Iraqis who do not understand a word of English can sing an entire Lionel Richie song.
Isn't that sweet? Who knew attaining world peace had been in the hands of Lionel Richie all this time? Always the last place you'd look.

We should pipe his music throughout the region and infiltrate all Arab hearts with his message of love.

Except, I have a feeling if the music reached the ears of suicide bombers, their song choices would more than likely be: (1) Running With the Night (2) Just to be Close to You (3) Stuck on You

Somehow I think they would miss the point. Still, you have to hand it to the guy. He truly is a great artist and makes wishful thinking so easy.

But hey, if that doesn't work, we could always just bombard them with heavy artillery - all night long.

8 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

So weird but so typical...

1:51 PM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

could've been worse - could've been Britney Spears.

6:39 AM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I see we're still taking over the world with musicians that either (a) act in syndicated shows (Hasselhoff) or (b) have their songs in no less than 1 million billion infomercials.

10:04 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

yes, I think there's a course being offered in this at the War College.

5:46 AM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

I thought Hasselhoff was the East German that was single-handedly responsible for breaking down the wall...

8:22 AM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I'm sure he's responsible for the break down of something...!

8:32 AM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

I think we could coerce the insurgents with "Dancing on the Ceiling" and "Say You, Say Me."

We could reach out to them, make friends, and party "All Night Long."

11:06 AM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

well at least Dancing on the Ceiling wouldn't be too hard to do considering the ceilings have been floored in most buildings. :)

9:21 AM, May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home