Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Crash Course in Reading

Headline: Woman Drives Station Wagon Into Bookstore

In terms of sales, I have heard of books flying off of the shelves but this is ridiculous. What was she thinking? Were Harry Potter books 50% off or something? I'd hate to see her within 2 days of Christmas...she'll be out and about plowing through town in a Bradley. Never surrender!

Often times I've said I'd run into the store for a minute on the way home, but I didn't mean it literally. Funny thing is she crashed through the travel section and landed in non-fiction. How's that for your visual aids. And her name is Linda Duck. Now, I ask you, is that merely her name or was it a psychic suggestion?

I'm sure the participants of the creative writing group had no difficulty choosing a topic or creating details after witnessing that incident.

Afterward, she was spotted browsing the self-help section and eventually purchased Driving For Dummies before departing the store.

6 Comments:

Blogger On My Watch said...

Thanks, I try.

12:18 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Relentless said...

I just love reading news clips like this. Always fascinates me how some people can do such stupid things.

12:29 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

well, you came to the right place - always on the look-out for stupid people.

san bernardino huh? I was stationed at March in Moreno Valley.

12:35 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I wonder if Linda Duck is Howard the Duck's wife?

2:13 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

:) hmm, could be. I wonder if they have 3 sons. I think they work for Disney.

2:22 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Rocky said...

This lady was obviously very confused before the crash. I thought Ducks flew south for the winter.

12:39 PM, November 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home