Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Just What Makes That Little Old Ant...

Headline: Ants Reportedly Eat Woman's Eye in India
NEW DELHI - A woman died in a Calcutta hospital after ants ate one of her eyes as she was recovering from a cornea operation, media reports said Tuesday.
Talk about new delhi! Yuck.

The thought of this makes my skin crawl. Can you imagine the little trail of ants marching and whistling along down the hallway carrying a big eyeball? You would think someone would've noticed. They probably have it atop some mound of dirt in their kingdom where it is now worshipped and eye-dolized.

The nurse was in a lose-lose situation, I'm sure spraying Raid in the patients' face wouldn't have helped either. What was she to do? She's certainly no Mother Theresa.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen that country is no picnic. So, why all the ants?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

"Eye-dolized" - Bad-Dat-Ching

That reminds of this MacGyver episode where ants literally ate this entire town and even killed the bad guy in the episode by completely eating him (bones, clothes, everything).

10:14 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Rocky said...

Very funny stuff.

Maybe the nurse just put a couple of ant traps on her forehead and chin?

10:29 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

you would think MacGyver of all people could've handled that situation. I didn't see it.

thanks rocky. - I think she put honey on the wound for healing and it didn't quite work out like she planned. oops.

10:42 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

there's no such thing as waaay too much Nat'l Geographic. But YUCK on the swarming. I'm rubbing my eye furiously now, thank you. :)

12:24 PM, November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home