Monday, November 14, 2005

All Eyes Are On You

Headline: Pupil, 15, attacked by girl gang
"My nose was bleeding, my eyelid was split and all my eyes were swollen up. It should have been one of my best days in school but I spent the rest of the day in hospital," said Danielle Price.
Jealousy reared its ugly head when a group of girls attacked Danielle over her academic achievements.

I believe further investigation into the incident would rule out jealousy if you consider her comments stated above. All of her eyes? Wouldn't it have been sufficient to say both instead?

Jealousy over academic achievements wasn't the reason for the beating. The fact that she is a million-eyed-mutant is the reason!

Moms never look upon their child as anything less than perfect. Any time something bad happens the standard answer is always, "Oh, honey, they're just jealous." I understand their need to protect and love the child but providing false hope is almost as damaging as the physical beating itself.

Alternatively, she should help her daughter to embrace her individuality and use it to her advantage. Having a bunch of eyes worked for Jeff Goldblum, uh, mostly. Maybe she could go to a special school and become one of the X-Men.

We have to remember to impress upon children that they are unique and special - just like everybody else.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Ha - I'm glad I have an office all to myself because that made me laugh out loud. Maybe she's a young medusa and every pair of eyes on each snake-strand of hair got affected...

10:11 AM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

funny - I pictured that as well. Just don't look at her or you'll turn to stone. Glad I can make you laugh every now and then.

11:06 AM, November 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home