Thursday, April 19, 2007

Beast of Burden

Headline: Horses may be drugged for Stones gig

BELGRADE (Reuters) - Preparations to sedate as many as 300 horses stabled at Belgrade's racecourse to keep them calm during a Rolling Stones concert have enraged Serb animal lovers who are lobbying to have the gig moved to another venue.

Yeah, well, so will the 100,000 people that show up for the concert...as well as the band members. So, what the hay?!

Wild, wild horses couldn't drag them away, right? Why all the long faces?

I'm sure all of the horses have back-stagecoach passes anyway. And I've heard reports that a large shipment of pony kegs were delivered to their stables last week.

Before they have their 19th nervous breakdown, they should just come to the realization that you can't always get what you want.

13 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

There's nothing like, "Mommy's little helper"

7:33 PM, April 19, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

yeah, JB, you're so right! things are different today...I hear every mother say. :)

7:36 PM, April 19, 2007  
Blogger mindy said...

but, you get what you need!
i wonder if they'll get their horse tranquilizers from keith.

2:45 PM, April 20, 2007  
Blogger X. Dell said...

I'm shattered that the horses have to be sedated for the concert. What's the satisfaction in that?

If they really want the horses to mellow out, they should put blinders on their eyes and let their natural melatonin kick in. If that's too expensive, then they can take them to a barn, and paint it black.

10:36 PM, April 20, 2007  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Mindy, the dosage that Keith Richards normally uses would kill a horse.

10:37 PM, April 20, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Mindy - (see X's response.) And if the opposite happened, the result would be like a horror movie. Can you imagine being surrounded by 300 rocking horses? That's just freaky.

X: Yes, I know, I had mixed emotions about it myself. But I figured sedation would be better than when whip comes down.

(fyi: ever since I read your response I've been singing...I see a red barn and I want it painted black...thanks man! lol ;)

4:22 AM, April 21, 2007  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

They should eat a little "brown sugar."

1:32 PM, April 24, 2007  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

I've seen the Stones 3 times and that was enough.

3:15 PM, April 28, 2007  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Where are you?

3:17 PM, May 05, 2007  
Blogger RJ said...

This was one of those stories where it was like "too........many.........jokes.....
....brain.........hurts!!"

5:43 PM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger mindy said...

yeah, where r u?
hope everything's ok.

8:01 AM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Rocky said...

Makes sense... Keith Richards was bragging the other night that he once snorted Secretariat's remains.

7:07 PM, May 16, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

an nobody would've been the wiser, except that his tempo for Honky Tonk Women was 20 times faster than the rest of the band, and it was over in a minute.

:)

1:21 PM, May 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home