Thursday, March 08, 2007

That Really Blows

Headline: Camera Captures Tornado Racing Through Hospital
Surveillance video captured a tornado in Americus, Georgia as it approached and swept through a hospital. Power lines arched, and eventually wind, rain and debris rushed past cameras inside the hospital's hallways.
Now, that's what I’d call a surgical strike. Can you imagine the equipment flying around that place? Needles, scalpels, and bedpans – oh my. What a nightmare!

Wet paper-gown contests. Bodily fluid samples tossed all over the place. Coma victims, having no idea what was happening around them. Oh wait, that was Bourbon Street, never mind.

Seriously though, what would they do? Holler out of the back doors for an ambulance? Would everyone be directed to the emergency room? Would their medical insurance not cover Acts of God?

I guess they could set up a triage, especially since they’d have an actual tree to work out of now. Judging from the video, it had to be a mad house in there.

But what I found to be most intriguing about the whole thing is the fact that while a reporter was in one of the rooms, the camera panned across the damaged area, and sitting there - plain as day - was a plastic container filled with urine on the tray table.

Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t that thing have blown over if a tornado just passed through? I can’t believe the news crew had the audacity to take a piss in the jug before they started rolling. But I suppose a crisis affects everyone differently.

One thing is for sure – that facility will be known as a MASH unit from now on.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Emergency? This is emergency calling...

7:38 PM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger mindy said...

those newspeople will do anything for a story.
is newspeople a word?? it looks weird.

8:05 PM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

God, you're good with your puns!

8:37 PM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger X. Dell said...

More accurately, I think the hospital will be thought of as a smashed unit.

I've seen tornadoes up close. Absolutely one of the scarriest things you can imagine if you're close by.

Of course, the thought of flying bedpans might be a tad bit scarrier.

9:17 PM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger JohnB said...

could make "pissin in the wind" an olympic sport

10:12 PM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

SJ - exactly. :)

Mindy - I say if you used it in sentence correctly, then it must be a word. who says only teenagers and rappers can invent new words?

Ray - thanks.

X - absolutely. I can't help but think the 'flying bedpans' could be a circus act though.

John - another perfect comment. where were you when I was writing this crap?! :)

5:24 AM, March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home