Friday, February 23, 2007

Get Some Cohones

Headline: Lawmaker Comes Down on Plastic Gonads

Annapolis, Md. The measure was filed in the General Assembly Monday by Delegate LeRoy E. Myers Jr., R-Washingon, who says children shouldn't be exposed to giant plastic gonads dangling from pickup truck trailer hitches.
The thing I find most funny about this, aside from the words, "giant, plastic gonads," is the thought of how many people actually have these things jangling from their bumpers that would prompt such an action in the first place.

I don't blame Myers one bit for attempting to grab the bull by the, um, horns and promote a little decency there. I would imagine it is a rather disgusting display, but would it be any less foul to hang them from the rearview mirror?

Instead of castrating the rights of the people, here's a suggestion that may satisfy everyone involved: place them on the dashboard.

At least then, while you lovingly admire your hefty hacky sacks, you could sing a happy tune.

"I don't care if it rains or freezes, as long as I got my plastic testes riding on the dashboard of my car..."

9 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

omg.. my neighbor has a "pair" of pink ones hanging on her truck. they are hideous.

2:24 PM, February 23, 2007  
Blogger JohnB said...

of course, there was my next door neighbor who had two live bulls where I had to endure the sight of real ones every damned morning on the way to school!

10:33 PM, February 23, 2007  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

My blog is back up, but I won't post for a little bit. But I will still visit here. You are my bud and two of my other buds are right here with you!

7:17 PM, February 25, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Mindy: cover your boy's eyes now, before it's too late!


John: how traumatic!


Enemy: I saw your last post. Feel free to stop by here anytime. Hang in there. :)

4:30 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger David Amulet said...

What a greta use of taxpayer funds--to focus on things like this! (Ugh.)

-- david

5:11 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger X. Dell said...

I'm wondering what harm artificial diembodied testes are doing to kids. True, I don't wish to see them (and I haven't really--they're not popular here yet). But any potential that these fake gonads have for warping young minds is only exacerbated by his calling attention to them.

9:56 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger JohnB said...

hey x! never mind that there are real ones hanging about just past the fences over there!

10:45 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Seven said...

Yet another example of how states end up with ridiculous legislation that is laughed about years later when the context is lost. We are slow learners aren't we?

7:19 AM, February 27, 2007  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

gotta love it...I live in MD too, and I've seen those ridiculous "gonads" a number of times....sound the Dixie horn and yell "Yeeeeee-ha!"

9:36 PM, February 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home