Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Heart Beating

Headline: Some advice to take to heart -- take a nap

Those who made it a practice of napping at least three times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes had a 37 percent lower risk of dying from heart disease compared to non-nappers.
If that's the case, then I shouldn't have a problem - ever!

Although, I wonder if this practice will dramatically increase the risk of getting your lazy ass kicked by your significant other because you have failed to do, well, anything.

6 Comments:

Blogger X. Dell said...

I'm wondering if the time asleep takes away more of your life than dying younger. For example if the difference is between, say living to be seventy-two as opposed to seventy-seven, you have to subtract thirty minutes a day from the age you are now to see if you come out ahead.

Thirty minutes a day is fine, because you're talking about losing a week of time for every year. But if you nap two hours a day, then you haven't really gained significantly, and if you started the practice at age ten, you haven't gained anything at all.

And then too, as you mention, your spouse might kick your ass or set the bed on fire for being lazy. Hardly seems worth it, doesn't it?

8:49 AM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

You have a point, X, but the way I figure it I'm actually extending other people's lives by taking naps regularly. If I didn't, several people would've suffered an untimely death by now. ;)

3:14 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger JohnB said...

Nothing like a little sloth! ;)

7:26 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Right John, wouldn't have made the top 7 if it wasn't enjoyable. ;)

7:25 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

whoa....were we in some strange topic cosmos yesterday?

8:36 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

That's what I was thinking when I read yours this morning. too funny. great minds think alike. :)

8:42 AM, February 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home