Thursday, February 08, 2007

One False Move

Headline: Woman on the wrong bus lost for 25 years

Jaeyana Beuraheng told her eight children she accidentally boarded a bus bound for Bangkok instead of Malaysia, and once there she boarded a second incorrect bus because she could not read or speak Thai or English, The Times of London reported Wednesday.

Who is this woman trying to fool? Wrong bus, my ass. Is she trying to say there was no way to use a phone or write a letter?

The song says one night in Bangkok - not a quarter of a century!

Although, I guess I can't blame her. With 8 kids, I probably would've gotten lost as well.

At least she had enough sense to reappear after they were all over 18.

3 Comments:

Blogger X. Dell said...

(1) Perhaps it says something about this story that my first reaction to it was to look it up on Snopes.com. Sounds almost too good to be true.

(2) If she had taken a bus in New Jersey, I wouldn't have doubted the story for a second.

8:25 PM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger JohnB said...

Actually, I've been to Bangkok and it is actually fun to get lost there!

8:51 PM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

X: I believe you about Jersey.

John: I'd be in prison for 40 years if that ever happened to me. :)

5:01 PM, February 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home