Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Nobel Gesture of Love

Headline: Valentines to squeak of love

Belgians tired of giving chocolate treats and flowers for Valentine's Day will be able to spend the evening squeaking out declarations of love in a bar selling helium.

That would be hilarious, in moderation, of course. You wouldn't want to lose your place at the bar just because you floated up off of your seat.

I've always wondered what Munchkins would've sounded like if they inhaled helium.
Would it have the opposite effect on them or would their extremely high-pitched voices blow the head off of Toto like that guy in Scanners?
Not only would he be merely dead, he'd be most sincerely dead.
And how funny would it be to hear helium-induced French accents?

"Do not come wiz me to ze Casbah - we shall make beautiful musicks togezzer right here!"

Yep, I'm thinking we all need to go to Brussels - - see what sprouts up.

13 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

I don't know what made me laugh harder, the Scanners image or Pepe le Pew with a helium voice. Sounds like a crossover piece begging to happen!

8:33 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Hey, I'm just happy you laughed. and more importantly, I'm glad you got the Scanners reference. I wondered if I reached too far back into the archives for that one. :)

8:37 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger RJ said...

The amazing thing about hellium is that guys like me HEAR that it's bad for you and you SHOULDN'T do it....but then the guy in the horns and red suit on your OTHER shoulder goes "Eh go on,..you know you want to hear how you sound saying dirty words on hellium!".

9:51 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Fated said...

Hehe I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought of Pepe le Pew on that one!

10:24 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger JohnB said...

"most sincerely dead..."

then enters in the lollipop guild...he he.

10:45 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Ray, especially coming from a burly Hell's Angels type of guy.

Fated, face it, we're all brilliant! :)

John, don't get me started with the kicking and singing. :)

11:08 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger JohnB said...

that's when the Kool-Aid sprays out of my nose!

3:38 PM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Oooh! I LOVE making people choke on kool-aid!! HAHA.

I was always partial to the lullabye league, myself. So, in the name of the lullabye leeeeeeague, we wish to welcome you TO munchkin laaaaaaaand. ;)

3:48 PM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger X. Dell said...

I'd hate to fill up with helium in a declaration of love, lest some maiden burst my balloon.

As Jeff Foxworthy quips, if you have something romantic to say, say it in Krylon.

12:39 AM, February 15, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

X: good one! and yes, I've done the krylon once in my life. that's funny.

6:24 AM, February 15, 2007  
Blogger mindy said...

hilarious!!!
let's go!

7:02 AM, February 15, 2007  
Blogger Paul said...

Vous etez tres sillie, Madmoiselle.

7:45 AM, February 15, 2007  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Mindy - ready when you are.


Paul - yes, I am but you laughed. (I know you did.) :)

8:57 AM, February 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home