Monday, December 18, 2006

Milk it For All It's Worth

Naturally, at the end of the year, some folks start to toss ideas around about what their New Year's resolutions will be.

Dieting usually ranks right up there, along with quitting smoking, or the promise to exercise more.

Lately, I've been seeing ads and hearing conversations relating to the benefits of adding milk to your daily intake. 24 ounces in 24 hours and supposedly you'll be on your way to a slimmer you.

There is no solid proof at this point that it actually works, however, I am considering giving it a shot, or two, just to see what happens.

How hard could it be? Seems like it should be a piece of cake, except without the cake, of course. But to make things a little more interesting, and boost the motivation factor, I suggest we change things up a bit.

If you'd add shots of Vodka, Kahlua, and Irish Cream to the mix, oh, and let's not forget - lots and lots of ice; hydration is essential to a healthier bod, then it will make your diet easier to stick with and may even change your attitude in the process.

Who could argue with that?

I'm not sure if any noticeable weight will be lost, unless you consider forgetting where your parked your car, or picking up your child from the day care, as actually losing weight. But what I am sure of is that by the 3rd one, it probably won't matter that much anyway.

All I know is that this is a resolution I might be able to keep, at least until the expiration date.

9 Comments:

Blogger X. Dell said...

LMAO.

Spiked milk...it does a body good...unless you're a car.

I like the taste of milk, acctually, but have grown lactose intolerant. If this were true, I might be in the market for those pills you're suppose to take when indulging in dairy products.

4:13 PM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger mindy said...

white russians!! that's my new year's resolution!! more milk through white russians!!
:)
oh.. and try to quit smoking.. AGAIN!!
ugh

8:20 PM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Will said...

I drink a pint of milk a day, but it's nearly al in coffee, so I guess that doesn't count.

4:40 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

X- maybe you could do the same with soy? sounds gross though, but you never know. a new christmas cocktail: Soy to the World. :)

Mindy - yes, hopefully we'll both have a very 'white' christmas this year...and then some.

Ben - maybe you could run to the kitchen when you get your coffee, that might help.

4:47 AM, December 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just never...not ever drink la leche del toro! ;P

6:30 PM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

thanks...don't need that kind of protein drink, that's for sure! gross.

3:18 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Milk is supposed to help naturally surpress the appetite. I think that's how it works. 90% are walking around dehydrated anyway, and eat because we're actually thirsty.

So drinking more of anything will help!

5:46 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Soy to the World? Are you sure you're not SJ>

1:44 PM, December 22, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I'll take that as a compliment...maybe I'm his psychic twin.

:)

2:09 PM, December 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home