Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Optical Delusion

Headline: Lawmaker aims to allow the blind to hunt
AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - A Texas lawmaker is aiming to allow the blind to hunt. Texas State Representative Edmund Kuempel has introduced a measure that would allow blind people to hunt game that sighted people can currently pursue.
Well, I just can't see anything good coming from this and I have 20/20 vision.

Besides, and bear in mind this is just a shot in the dark here, wouldn't you think the jingling noises alone from the can of change would scare away the animals anyhow?

Edmund should really take another look at the situation before the barrage of hunting accidents occur - unless that is what he's shooting for - because one thing is certain: there will be no eyewitnesses.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jay Noel said...

Political correctness has gone overboard. They could open up some hunting ground ONLY FOR blind people.

That would be interesting.

12:35 PM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

perfect! I'd pay to see that...from a bunker, and wearing a helmut & flak vest, of course. :)

1:13 PM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Where do you find all this stuff? Phoenix has a good point.

2:11 PM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I'm a weird news magnet,not to be confused with magnate, much to my disappointment.

4:22 PM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger X. Dell said...

I'm kinda curious as to who thought this would be a good idea. I mean, why would a sightless person want to hunt anyway?

This might have more to do not with political correctness, but rather politics in general. Some politician campaigning for reelection will probably have in his or her advertising, "Supported equal rights for the disabled," in a vague reference to this bill.

Obviously, this helps no one except for the person who introduced the legislation.

8:10 PM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

my guess would be the only sightless person who'd want to hunt is a person who lost their sight in a hunting accident...some people never learn.

but I'm sure you're right about the politics of it all.

4:49 AM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Will said...

Which category does the Vice President fall into OMW ?

7:04 AM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger mindy said...

only in texas.

7:15 AM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Ben - no comment. :)


Mindy - I suppose this would reinforce the whole, "don't mess with Texas" thing.

7:17 AM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

I would say this qualifies as the blind leading the blind...

10:54 AM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Fated said...

I got quite the giggle from that.

"And the award for the dumbest politician goes to......"

6:38 AM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Ray - I thought of that as well.

Fated - that would be a difficult race. :)

7:38 AM, December 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home