Friday, March 24, 2006

Gator Bait

Headline: Alligator Knocks on Fla. Woman's Door

"He was pretty big, pretty aggressive," Pachelli said, adding that the gator may have followed her home from walking her cocker spaniel, Trooper.

First of all, let me point out the news headline sounds like a joke intro. But that's another story - I'll continue with my original thoughts.

Let's concentrate on the statement, may have followed her home. Now, I don't know about you guys, but I would like to believe I'd notice if an 8 foot alligator was nipping at my heels. Or even 20 feet behind me. Then again, maybe ole' Pachelli has been nipping at the gin a little too much. How could she not know?

Was it moving stealthily - diving behind hedges, dashing under cars, tiptoeing (complete with piano tink tink tink music) - down the street to her house? Or possibly he just stood still, beside a pink flamingo, and pretended to be a lawn ornament. Although, the big clue there would've been the headless gnome.

Somehow I suspect further investigation would've revealed Trooper's paw prints are all over this one. I think he had a hit out on Pachelli and the plan fell through.

But what do you expect when you dial 1-800-CROC?

2 Comments:

Blogger StringMan said...

Funny post, Watch ... the image of an alligator prancing between cars, looking around tail lights, breathing heavily, maybe even wearing sunglasses ... even a fake beard, so as to remain incognito ...

You're right: this lady is just not very observant if that was that case.

8:22 PM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

thank you and yes, she should pay more attention - if it were a snake, it would've bit her. :)

4:20 AM, March 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home