Monday, March 20, 2006

Act Like You Don't Know Him

Headline: Australia Starts Cleanup After Big Cyclone

Amazingly, the storm caused no reported fatalities, and only 30 people suffered minor injuries. But the damage from Cyclone Larry, a Category 5 storm with winds up to 180 mph, was expected to run into the hundreds of millions of dollars.
Cyclone Larry? That sounds like the drunk uncle everyone tries to ignore.

Blows into town, wastes all of your money, stays too long, and has really bad intestinal problems - winds at 180, come on!? Gax-X, Larry, Gas-X!

Hopefully, they won't get hit by Typhoon Mary next.

5 Comments:

Blogger StringMan said...

Yeah, I know that Larry dude you describe :)

Saw film on the news tonight of that cyclone. It looked like something from a Hollywood set. Awesome.

7:16 PM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

makes me not look forward to hurricane season even more. ugh.

5:24 AM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger David Amulet said...

I guess they shoudl be grateful it hit a relatively unpopulated area. Can you imagine THAT hitting Miami?

--- david

11:25 AM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

All my sloshed uncles died of cirrhosis or lung cancer before I got to know them...Eireann go brĂ¡th!

6:09 PM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I guess Irish eyes smile for more reasons than one.

6:31 PM, March 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home