Sunday, February 26, 2006

We Won't Stanford This

Headline: Stanford tree mascot fired for drinking at basketball game

The student wearing the costume of the legendary mascot was suspended from duty after UC Berkeley police observed her drinking from a flask during a Stanford-Cal basketball game last week, officials said today.

If a tree falls down drunk in a gym, does anybody care? What kind of a sap gets busted for being trunk in public?

I'll bet she resembled something more indigenous to the Petrified Forest once the cops came over. I can picture them now, "C'mon fellas, it's time to cut that one down!" I wonder if there were K-9s involved - you know where I'm going with that one, I hope.

Or was she simply asked to make like a tree and leave?

Who has a tree for a mascot anyway? Does it make it any easier to root for your home team that way or something? There's no telling with those Beserkeley people.

Apparently, she was just a flask in the pan who'll soon be replaced. There aren't enough hoops for her to jump through to get out of that one - she wood if she could - I'm sure.

She'll have to figure out how to branch out into other areas from now on if she expects to grow from this experience. Forest Service, maybe?

8 Comments:

Blogger StringMan said...

Hey, you are really good at that! That's funny. Do you suppose she had to listen to the cops bark orders at her?

7:11 PM, February 26, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

thanks, yes, I'm sure she was run through the mill over the whole thing.

11:35 PM, February 26, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

All that lumbering about...I guess it would affect the 'timber' of her voice.
As a side note, this all seems so ironic at UC Berkeley.

10:19 AM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I thought they were famous for the dope-smoking, drinking, hippie shit.

10:20 AM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

My point EXACTLY!

10:39 AM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

hey, wait a minute, that's my line.

:)

10:49 AM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy said...

When she got busted, did she yell, "Son of a Birch!"

2:19 PM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Rocky said...

Haha, loved this story.
I heard she was so bombed she was carving initials on herself, and later let a bunch of kids tie a tire swing onto her arm.

7:42 PM, March 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home