Friday, February 17, 2006

Try This On For Thighs

Headline: Girl's prosthetic legs stolen for second time
Melissa Huff, an Arcadia High School student who uses a $16,000 prosthetic limb to play softball for the school team and another one, valued at $12,000, for everyday use, said both were taken from her bedroom Tuesday.
I've heard of stealing 2nd base, but this is just cruel! What kind of an evil person would do such a thing? I'm stumped. Don't they realize how difficult life must be for this girl already?

I'll bet if the shoe were on the other foot...um, you know what I mean. What I'm trying to say is, until they hop a mile in her shoe, they'll never fully understand the personal trials she has to endure.

I would venture to guess the thing didn't just get up and walk out by itself. Those thieves won't have a leg to stand on in this case - especially since they threw it into the backyard.

Although it is the second time this happened to Melissa, she seems to land on her foot and maintains a positive outlook regardless of her circumstances. She certainly has not been pegged as some sort of quitter.

Just allow me to go out on a limb here and say, if she could only keep her robbers at arm's length, she'd eventually get a leg up.

I am sure she's leaning toward that goal even as I type.

10 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

My stomach hurts from the sheer amount of punishment. OMG, you ROCK!

9:41 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

thank you. :)

5:44 AM, February 18, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

There was nothing left clever to say...anyway, you're welcome-great post.

7:54 AM, February 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Attention to Orders: You are hereby promoted to the rank of Punnery Sergeant!

BRILLIANT POST!

10:23 AM, February 18, 2006  
Blogger RJ said...

This has to be a record for "rim-shots" in this post. "Im stupmed,... leg to stand on...bah dum boom PEEESH!" As a drummer of 30 years I must say...BRAVO!

5:40 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Rocky said...

Haha! Very funny. Loved this one. When it comes to your posts, nothing beats a great pair of legs...

7:39 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I feel bad for her at dance time, she's got two left feet!

8:35 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger StringMan said...

Bravo, I was laughing so much you've left me leg-less ...

7:15 PM, February 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like this post is LEGendary.

9:56 AM, February 22, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

c'mon guys - it wasn't *that* funny - you people must be pulling my leg.

:)

thanks to everyone.

1:54 PM, February 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home