Monday, November 21, 2005

Take the Goody with the Baddie

Headline: Suspected gunman sent text messages first
TACOMA, Wash. - A man accused of wounding six people — one critically — when he opened fire inside a shopping mall sent text messages saying he was about to show the world his anger, two newspapers reported Monday.

Dominick Sergio Maldonado, 20, surrendered to police Sunday after he ducked into a music store and took three hostages, all of whom were released unharmed after about four hours, authorities said.


"I saw the gunman randomly shooting. I ran with a group of women to Victoria's Secret," Wilson said.
Okay, here we go again. Maldonado. MALL-donado. See what I'm saying people?

Although this is a horrible story, I had to laugh at the location Wilson decided to take cover in. Victoria's Secret? Who would think lingerie would protect you from anything much less flying bullets? In restrospect, I guess it would turn out to be the best place as I'm sure they were all of need of new attire after that event.

The music store happened to be Sam Goodys. Now, I must admit I've often wanted to take hostages in this particular store, but it had nothing to do with letting the world feel my wrath. It had something more to do with not having the particular cd I was looking for, all while being forced to listen to whatever crap they decided to play over the speakers for my personal enjoyment.

To send text messages while doing all of this terrorizing of the general shopping populace is just amazing to me. I wonder if he took pictures with his phone as well?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

That was nice of him to give a warning. I used to work at the top floor of the IDS Center in Minneapolis which is the tallest building in MN. A guy decided to jump out of the window and, being a polite fellow, called security before he jumped so the streets would be clear of his body parts.

2:16 PM, November 21, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

That was pretty considerate. Ddi you rush down to move your car?

2:26 PM, November 21, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

uh - did - spelling difficulty.

2:27 PM, November 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home