Sunday, November 19, 2006

Back to Reality

Here are a few reasons why I'm having a hard time getting back to reality.

Beautiful shades of blue that I've never seen before.










Gorgeous views... (wink-wink)






Waves crashing along the rocks which were more soothing than a mother's lullabye.








These babies right here were just too tasty for common sense. At one point, I think I collected enough umbrellas to shelter the entire Gulf Coast region.








And the sunsets? Well, I'm sure most would argue that sunsets are gorgeous just about anywhere. But this one in particular had value to me because it was my first one viewed from the top of a little cruise ship.

It was my first time on the ocean. Luckily, there were no sudden storms or anything like that because I'm not sure if I could've figured out how to make a iPod out of coconuts.








Anyway, everything was wonderful. In fact, the only bad thing about Hawaii was having to leave it behind.

But as we crossed the black Pacific, a shooting star met my gaze from my window seat. I took that as my own personal Aloha from the gods. Well, it was either that or a piece of the aircraft broke off - regardless, we made it back safe and sound.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Glad you're safe and sound and I'm intensely jealous!

8:33 AM, November 19, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

RAD!!!!!! So tell me, how did you know I'd be there?????

5:43 PM, November 19, 2006  
Blogger mindy said...

glad you are back!! you were missed!
the pictures are gorgeous!

7:18 PM, November 19, 2006  
Blogger Will said...

Those pictures are sweet OMW. Glad to see you back, and it sounds like you had a fantastic time.

BTW you didn't miss much.

11:56 PM, November 19, 2006  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Welcome back.

10:14 AM, November 20, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Now you know how I feel most of the time about your life, Ray. ;)

John, where else would the Big Kahuna be??

Mindy, thanks! how nice of you to say.

Ben, yes, I had a great time and thank you. Life blogs on, I don't know if I'll ever catch up on people's previous posts. :)

Thanks Mark, it's good to be back home.

11:26 AM, November 20, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

:)

7:12 PM, November 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home