Friday, November 03, 2006

My Cup Runneth Over

My husband and I headed out early this morning to get to the airport for his flight to drill weekend in California.

Considering it is a brisk 49°, with a chilling north wind, I decided to wear my Air Force jacket for the little trip across the river.

After I dropped him off, I decided to drive through Starbucks on the way home. There is nothing like a good cup of coffee in this kind of weather.

So, I pulled up to order and an enthusiastic voice boomed over the box to greet me. “Good morning, welcome to Starbucks. This is Captain America, what can I get started for you today?”

Even though I was a little taken off guard, I went with it and replied accordingly. Once I drove up he noticed my jacket and asked if I were in the Air Force. I told him I had just recently gotten out, but my husband was still in.

As it turned out, he is also a member of the Air Force and we chitchatted about our jobs, etc., while the coffee was being made.

Then he handed me my cup and I handed him a twenty, but he waved it off and said, “don’t worry about it, we have to look out for each other.”
--
Now, that’s what I’m talking about. If only everyone thought that way...but then again, not everyone is Captain America - unfortunately.

5 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

that is sweet...everyone at my starbucks are assholes. oh well.
have a latte for me!!

5:43 AM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

There is nothing like coffee in the whole wide world...viva gli Stati Uniti!

7:49 AM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

was he in costume? that's awesome... Mark's favorite superhero is Cap

3:03 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Mindy - yes, it was very nice of him - quite unusual.

John - especially free coffee.

Ray - No, no costume, just in high spirits I guess. He's mine now too. :)

3:29 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

Don't I know it! :)

8:30 PM, November 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home