Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Why the Long Face?

Headline: 'Ghost tree' forms human face

Scores of people are flocking to a village in northern Malaysia to see a betel nut tree which has sprouted a human-like face.

Human-like? Maybe in Malaysia, but I don't know anyone with a face like that. Okay, maybe Celine Dion.

But other than her, I think someone may have been stuck in the birth canal a little too long - and then got hit by a steamroller on the way home.

Those guys better call up a twitch doctor to rid themselves of that ghost tree very soon, especially before it decides to team up with Anne Geddes for a photo shoot.

10 Comments:

Blogger Death Warmed Over said...

Maybe Ents aren't so far fetched after all.

For fun lets fly over and hide a boom box that plays Dions "Heart will go on" everytime someone walks up to the tree.

1:24 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Looks like a character from Fragglerock or something.

1:33 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

A Celine tree? Now THAT'S frightening!

1:48 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

DWO, Beth: funny, but that may be too scary!

Metal Mark: either that or that tree from the Wizard of Oz. Freaky looking either way.

2:41 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Transport it to my backyard; I think I see my ecological mirror image.

6:33 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

Those people are sure logging a lot of hours...

6:41 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Enemy, no way!!

John, good one. just as long as nobody starts to throw a timber tantrum over there things should be okay :)

7:21 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Will said...

I think it's time I took a leaf from your book and branched into some comedy. Yew have me laughing everytime I log on to your site.

The image does look like Celine. Is that a Canadian Redwood ?

6:04 AM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Ben, how very nice of you to say - - but I'm thinking since it's supposed to be a *ghost tree*, it must be BamBOO! :)

6:07 AM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger mindy said...

that's a creepy tree..
why do people look for faces in things? but, hey.. they found the virgin mary's image in a blob of icing.

7:44 AM, September 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home