Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dirty Deeds

Headline: Schoolgirl 'stabbed for love of AC/DC'

She had been the victim of a string of attacks, hreats and had even received prank calls at home because she is what is known as "a metaler", Guildford Crown Court heard today.

Some things never change. When I was young everyone thought the rockers were the ones who started all of the trouble when, in all actuality, it was the GoGos-listening-popular crowd who were the evil ones.

How could anyone possibly be considered nice when they had a little alligator displayed on their upper left side of their sweaters? That was the first clue.

Who are they listening to now, I wonder - Ashley Simpson? That would certainly make me want to put an eye out but, more than likely, my own.

I feel sorry for the girl and I hope she doesn't let this deter her from continuing to have her own style. If I could give her some advice it would be simply this.

When others consider you to be a Problem Child, don't let them Walk All Over You because, in my opinion, The Girl's Got Rhythm.

In other words, I'm sure this incident has taught you that It's A Long Way to the Top if you Wanna to Rock and Roll but once you're feeling better, feel free to Have a Drink on Me.

Last but not least, always know that everyone who reads this article will say to themselves, For Those About to Rock - We Salute You!

Oh, and one more thing, you'll look much better than them at your first class reunion.

9 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

how about growing up in a christian town... wearing black and listening to punk/new wave (yeah, i liked the cure).. i was once grounded for being a "vampire", please. i'm surprised i wasn't burned at the stake!

6:19 AM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Mindy, I know how you feel, but grounded for being a vampire? Well, that just sucks! Anne Rice made vampires cool in my area, so I was off of the hook. :)

6:26 AM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

If they give her anymore hassle, she should just say "Let there be rock"

and there was rock...

8:29 AM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Ultra: yes, and if she keeps a Stiff Upper Lip, she should be okay.

9:09 AM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Vampires are hot!

Kids can be so cruel, even more cruel that adults at times.

7:06 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

As a side comment, have you heard the new Girls Got Rhythm CD that is all-girl tribute bands covering metal classics? For instance, the Whole Lotta Rosies do "Dog Eat Dog"

9:07 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Ben & Phoenix, yes things haven't changed a bit - let's go kick their ass. :)


Ray: Thanks for the tip, I have not heard of that CD before but will check it out. :)

8:07 AM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

If you were grounded for a being a vampire then couldn't you just tuen into a bat and fly out the window. Oh, I have seen too many movies.

7:57 AM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

you'd think so, huh, Mark? or use mind control or something. :)

11:14 AM, September 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home