Thursday, September 14, 2006

Road Hogs

Headline: Pig withstands tasers, cops on U.S. 41

GREEN BAY, Wis. - A pig withstood taser shots from police officers and eluded authorities for more than an hour after wandering onto Green Bay's major highway. The 150-pound pig was spotted by a passing driver on U.S. 41 at 6 p.m. Wednesday night, Green Bay Police Lt. Todd LePine said.

Well, the taser luau didn’t quite work out as planned, so the officers ended up shooting the pig with 3 tranquilizer darts, wrapped it up, and carted it off to a humane shelter.

I don't know why they gave it away. I’ve always liked pigs-in-a-blanket -- so cute and tasty, but I'd guess one that's 150 lbs would be a bit much.

I just wonder how or why that pig ended up where it was in the first place. Was it truly lost or did it have a plan?

Maybe it was an attempt to commit sueycide-by-cop. Who knows what kinds of troubles pigs go through. Sure, they ham it up at the barnyard dances, but I'm certain they get sick of everyone always busting their chops about something.

I'm just glad it wasn’t hit by an 18-Wheeler. Can you imagine the bursting? Coins would've been raining down from heaven for days, maybe even weeeeeeeeeeks! [pig noise]

I don’t know how those cops do what they do. But those guys wear the uniform for a reason - and this time, it was to be able to tell the difference between them and the pig.

4 Comments:

Blogger Death Warmed Over said...

The irony is just too easy.

Overheard at the scene:

"Quit hogging the tasers."

"Pig your name is mud."

"Hey theres a news crew, quit haming it up."

"The pigs down. Quick get a blanket." (Think about it)

"Stop. This is a no porking zone!"

8:05 PM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

no porking zone! ha!

"I was on the Hwy because my car broke down - had to hoof it!"

yes, Death, anyway you slice it...there's a million ways to skin a pig.

8:27 PM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger Will said...

The British have a nasty slang word for the Police. We call them the pigs.
The headline over here would have been...
"Pigs Arrest Pig"
I shouldn't be rude about our Police force, it's a tough job, risking life and limb to bring home the bacon.

11:57 PM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Ben, they call them pigs here too, if not worse, and that's why I said it was a good thing at least one of the two had a uniform on so they wouldn't blast the wrong one. :)

5:17 AM, September 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home