Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Long and Winding Road

Headline: IN THE CLASSROOM:Rock 'n' roll retrospective

Students in Joe Poshek's History of Rock Music class watch a clip of The Beatles performing on the Ed Sullivan Show in the Robert B. Moore Theatre on the Orange Coast College Campus Thursday.

Why weren't these types of classes offered when I was at LSU? Maybe then I wouldn't have been placed on academic probation and made the decision to go into the military instead.

Then again, nothing beats rocking and rolling with an M-60. I suppose my life had a way of turning out to be a really, really great show anyway.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Pretty soon history class will be watching the History Channel for an hour.

3:16 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

no doubt, at least for extra credit!

3:27 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

...or Fox News...

4:05 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

Courses like that could send me back to matriculating.

4:40 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I hated high school, but liked college overall.

8:42 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

John - as long as it's not CNN

Beth - don't go using big words when I just said I dropped out of college! geez! :)

Mark - H.S. sucked for everyone, I think. And you're right, college was a lot better, I just didn't have the discipline at that time in my life. The military was what I needed to straighten my butt out.

8:54 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Will said...

I was born to soon. I would have loved that.
Watching music TV shows is something I could have excelled in.

I still think studying calculus caused my schoolboy delinquency.

5:33 AM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger mindy said...

they should play more music in school.. my friend, who's a middle-school teacher, recently discovered that no-one in his class had heard of john lennon. that's just crazy.

7:07 AM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Ben, my problem was NOT studying. :)

Mindy - that is insane! parents are slacking with their pass-down-the-good-music-wisdom job. That's a shame.

7:27 AM, September 27, 2006  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

I had to go to college to find a proper music appreciation course...it did wonders, even if I hated the teacher...he did open my ears up to some amazing stuff...this should be taught on the lower rungs of education

9:06 PM, October 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home