Thursday, June 08, 2006

A Life Sentence and 12 Months

Headline: US firm makes killer calendar for serialphiles'

The grisly 2007 Serial Killer Calendar produced by a Maine businessman depicts some of the world's most notorious murderers painted by "the vampire of Paris," Frenchman Nico Claux who himself served 7 years for murder.

A Maine businessman. Could it be?? No, I would hope even Stephen wouldn't think of doing something like this, but who knows, he may have taken a shining to the idea.

Aside from that thought, if any of you are industrious enough to shop all year around before the end-of-year madness begins, this stocking stuffer could be one way to put Christ back in Christmas! Except it would be more like, "Jesus Christ!" instead of the traditional expression of joy and wonder.

It might be a fun idea for the office party Secret Santa gifts though for that special someone.

I find it interesting although I doubt I will ever make a purchase. I think I'll stick to the classic ones like Marilyn Monroe or maybe Jimi Hendrix - you know, people that have killed themselves - that's way more acceptable, isn't it?

After looking through it, I wondered if there was a method to their madness in designating particular months to certain people. Was it by notoriaty, age, or number of victims?

There is only one change I would've made though, take Jeffrey for instance, he definitely should've gotten November. He ate 17 people! He has to be the king of the elastic waistband ate-too-much pants.

All I can hope for is that this calendar doesn't gain so much popularity that other items are added to their inventory, like say, a Franklin Covey day-planner complete with inspirational daily quotes, or a Charles Manson action figure, or a Jeffrey Dahmer lunch box.

I never thought I'd live to see the day when products like these were made. Not because of the bad taste of the manufacturer, but because of all the serial killers in the world.

7 Comments:

Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Whoever owns the rights to that calender is going to be rich, indeed. People are fascinated by serial killers. I've had students write papers and give presentations on them. They are converse legends for the alienated.
It's as though they silently cheer on the person who is willing to go where no one has gone before--in the realm of evil, I mean.

7:54 PM, June 08, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

yes, and in no way did I think you were talking about Capt. Kirk. :)

You're right and I'm fascinated too, but wouldn't want to look at them all mo/yr long. that's just too creepy...even for me.

8:16 PM, June 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I'd kill to get in that calendar.

6:50 AM, June 09, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

Just think of how many more marriage proposals these guys are going to get now...insane!

8:45 AM, June 09, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

that is insane! who would even think of such a thing! madness

9:04 AM, June 09, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

Oh...there are plenty of whackos that do...I mean, we're talking about the human race here!

12:02 PM, June 09, 2006  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

He's got a point. Do you know how many women fell in love with Timothy McVeigh? I'll bet he was sorry to die.

1:27 AM, June 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home