Friday, June 02, 2006

I Scream, You Scream

Headline: Ice Cream Truck Driver Charged With DUI

Police say they found a nearly empty pint bottle of vodka between the front seats of an ice cream truck after they pulled over the driver for swerving into the wrong lane.

The driver's name was Dennis D. Cogburn of Bowie, TX. Could he be any relation to Rooster Cogburn, I wonder? Who also had a habit of drinking on duty, but he was in the Wild West and a U.S. Marshall. Not exactly the same thing as an ice-cream man.

As if the crackling carnival-like music blared from those vehicles isn't frightening enough, imagine it swerving and squealing down the quiet streets of your neighborhood in search of your children. Horror movie in progress.

On a positive note, after the vehicle was impounded there is no doubt in my mind that the police department had their very first ice-cream party after work.

I'm glad he was caught and I hope he'll be sent to a completely different kind of cooler for a long time to come or see him hanged at Ft. Smith at Judge Parker's convenience.

"Damn that Texan!"

4 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

They do say there are only two things that come from Texas, one was steers, the other I don't rightly remember.

2:00 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I don't think he had any horns on his head - so...

2:37 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger StringMan said...

A frightening thought. Reminds me: a friend of mine told me that his mother used to tell him that the music the ice cream truck was playing meant that he was all out of ice cream. Cruel, eh?

9:11 AM, June 04, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

not if she thought the driver was drunk...mom's know everything!

1:16 PM, June 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home