Thursday, March 09, 2006

Make a Mental Note

Headline: Palm Beach woman sues Walgreens over insulting comments on prescription.
Typed in a field reserved for patient information and dated March 17, 2005, was "CrAzY!!" The notes field is intended for internal use as a private reminder for the pharmacist, Hively said.
Oops! I wonder what prescription is filled for having your foot in your mouth?

"I'm thinking they're thinking here comes psycho, that they're laughing at me as I come in the store," she said.

The person who made the remarks was so wrong on every level. Clearly, this woman is not a psycho or crazy - she's a paranoid schizophrenic!!

She'll probably win the lawsuit though and have enough money to buy all the tin foil hats she wants until the end of time or at least until the medicine kicks in.

6 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

Sometimes I think the Ancient Spartans may have been on to something.

7:30 AM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Cala Lily said...

I'm sorry. I hate to be a pursed mouth bitch. But... More than 54 million Americans suffer from some type of mental illness. I have to say that schizophrenia is a tragic illness, and I completely fail to find humor in it.

I'm really sorry to rain on the parade.

It's just, I've loved people who fell into that 54 million. And I want the world to be a kinder, more compassionate place. I want us all to catch each other when we fall.

And I don't want pharmacists making derogatory and ignorant remarks about the patients they serve. I would rather he or she had written "handle patient with care."

6:35 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I understand completely and the way I deal with things is through humor. There is no way I condone this behavior whatsoever. Do not judge this blog as how I am, as I am only trying to remain upbeat in a world that sucks. There - is that bleeding heart enough for you? Develop a sense of humor or you will have a rough life. I'm not trying to sound harsh but that's all I can say.

7:26 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

I was more referring to the lawsuit aspect! :)

11:13 AM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger Rocky said...

As long as Walgreens didn't have a famous Patsy Cline song playing on the store speakers. Now that would be insensitive!

5:16 AM, March 11, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Rocky: That's the funniest thing EVER!!!

6:30 AM, March 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home