Sunday, January 29, 2006

That's Easy for YOU to Say

Headline: Humuhumunukunukuapuaa Ousted in Hawaii

HONOLULU — Everyone thought the humuhumunukunukuapuaa was Hawaii's state fish. As it turns out, the brightly colored fish with the excessively long name has been dethroned.

Gee, I wonder why? Because nobody can spell or pronounce the name, that's why! People have finally grown tired of looking like idiots. In an effort to make things easier for school children - and tourists - a possible replacement for the title of state fish is currently under consideration.

The top contender in the review is the rare species called Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - known primarily for it's beautiful singing voice and colorful umbrellas.

Even though the sound of it is really quite atrocious, it's a helluva lot easier to say.

4 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

I was thinking to poppin to Hawaii sometime, never been there me-self!

9:01 AM, January 29, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

yes, me too, I hear they have great weather if you want to go fly a kite.

9:43 AM, January 29, 2006  
Blogger StringMan said...

I'll have to remember that one. I lived in HI for a few years. I remember when tourists would ask for directions we'd tell 'em things like "you go down King Kamoneyewannalaya street, then hang a right on to Lick'n nookie ..." It was even funnier when they'd write it down. "How do you spell that again?"

7:21 PM, January 29, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

thanks for the tip - I'll be sure to get maps from the official tourism office instead. :)

5:06 AM, January 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home