Sunday, January 29, 2006

Over My Dead Body

Headline: Party in autopsy room shocks Norway
OSLO, Norway - Health authorities expressed shock and disgust Friday over reports that employees at a hospital in southern Norway threw a party in a post-mortem room and covered an autopsy table with a white cloth and candles.
According to talk around the office, the employees-in-question threw quite the party. Not a soul could claim that this was a dead or boring event.

Upon entering the room, toe tags were handed out in exchange for a cover charge. No need to worry about bringing your own alcohol, there was plenty lying around. Finger sandwiches and expensive cadaviar were provided, also.

If they ran out of beer, of course, all they had to do was pop open a trunk and pull out some more - Coroner, I'm sure, and no doubt very, very cold. Talk about your change in latitude!

The stereo was said to have been blaring the Village People with all the revelers joining in on a very special rendition of Y (incision) MCA! But it wasn't too loud, they didn't want to wake the dead or anything - that would've been just sick and wrong.

Some employees, when questioned by their supervisors, tried to deny being at the party by retorting, "Who? M.E.??", but to no avail as the evidence of their participation was right under their noses. Damn that Mentholatum!

After reading this story, all I can say is I could use a stiff drink.

11 Comments:

Blogger StringMan said...

I would have thought the stereo would be blasting Grateful Dead tunes.

7:15 PM, January 29, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

hahaha - they were next on the songlist, right behind Coldplay.

7:35 PM, January 29, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Just don't shoot the formaldehyde

9:46 PM, January 29, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

no doubt! hopefully nobody spiked the punch with it either.

3:35 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

Must of been an embalmy night in Norway...ugh!

7:53 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

especially since it was the christmas season! wouldn't want to stand under their brand of mistle-toe.

9:31 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger StringMan said...

Coldplay ... hehe. What a sick topic! My kind of town.

Can we work a fart joke in here somewhere? It would make my day complete :)

8:51 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Rocky said...

It sounds vaguely like a movie starring Michael Keaton and Fonzie.
At this "party," I sincerely hope the only cold ones cracked open were beers.

8:58 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

stringman: hey I don't make up the news, I just report it - fair and balanced. heehee.


rocky: forgot all about that movie. and I agree with your hopes on the cold one thing. ugh!

4:15 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

stringman: what do you think R.I.P. stands for anyway?
(there's your fart joke)

4:22 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger StringMan said...

RIP! Yes. Day made.

2:11 PM, March 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home