Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Backseat Drivers

Headline: Highway joyride lands Australian boys in trouble

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Two Australian boys aged 10 and 6 who decided to pay their grandfather a surprise visit drove almost 62 miles along a busy highway before they were pulled over, police said Monday.

The report also mentioned once they were pulled over, the boys hurriedly jumped into the backseat where they usually sit when riding in the car.

I think that's hilarious! Not the whole part about actually driving, etc., but the fact that they tried to act like they weren't doing anything wrong is funny.

Once, when I was 15, my sister let me use her 1977 Chevy Impala to go pick up a friend of mine. I didn't have my license yet so I was instructed to go straight there and straight back without any detours.

Naturally, I took the scenic route back, which consisted of cruising up and down "the avenue" for a little while before returning to the house. Unfortunately though, I took a wrong turn and ended up going down the same street where my sister was attending a picnic.

When we realized we were at the point of no return, we simply did what any 15 year old dumbasses would do in that situation: we ducked. So now, imagine if you will, a land yacht like a '77 Impala sailing down a major road without anyone in the car at all.

Luckily for us, we weren't caught by the police or my sister, at least not on that day. And believe me, she would've been worse than the cops.

3 Comments:

Blogger On My Watch said...

that's hilarious! glad I could bring some good times back to mind for you. :)

7:05 PM, June 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAahhhh the good ole days!! You know those days when you could trust your younger sister to do the right thing...after all you were letting her use your car!! Glad I didn't find out till later.

4:04 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

me too! :)

5:45 PM, June 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home