Friday, April 07, 2006

Gold Bum-Rush

Headline: Feds Seek to Seize Gold Caps From Drug Dealers' Teeth
Government lawyers are trying to remove the gold-capped teeth known as "grills" or "grillz" from the mouths of two men facing drug charges.
There's gold in them there grills!

Unfortunately, for those lawyers it turned out to be fools' gold as they were not allowed to seize the teeth. Bummer.

But if they could've - and if I had anything to say about it - the teeth would've been removed via the gavel-to-mouth method.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Man, those must be a nice set of sparklers.

1:59 PM, April 07, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I wonder how much they were worth.

2:29 PM, April 07, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

"Bite me!" -they told the judge.

7:27 PM, April 07, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

haha, no doubt about that!

7:33 PM, April 07, 2006  
Blogger pdxbiker said...

It probably would cost more for the procedure than the gold is worth. An ounce of gold at $600 is a shitload to put in someones mouth and dental surgery costs more than that.

Its more evidence that the Feds will stop at nothing for every extra dime.

3:58 PM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

biker: you're right about dental costs - that's why I vote for the knock-them-out-with-a-gavel method.

4:03 PM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

That would've been pretty funny if they were able to do that. Although it wouldn't be worth it after removing them.

12:43 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Phoenix: I know! I would imagine only witch doctors would want gold that had teeth embedded in it. but that's just me.

12:49 PM, April 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home