Friday, March 31, 2006

The Blue & White Marys

Headline: Cocaine smuggled in Virgin Mary statues
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two men suspected of helping smuggle cocaine to New York from Mexico inside statues of the Virgin Mary were arrested Thursday, U.S. authorities said.
Holy Mother of God, Batman! What the hell were those guys thinking?

Well, this has a totally different take on the whole fruit of the womb thing now, doesn't it?

If they're stupid enough to confess, I wonder if they'll just take the initiative and say the entire Rosary instead of the standard 3 Hail Marys for pennance. Speaking of which, how - exactly - would you proceed to tell a priest that one?

Bless me father for I have sinned, it's been 10 years since my last confession - I've cheated on my math tests (uh-hum), fought with my brothers and sisters (yes, my child), and oh, um, I kinda sorta smuggled cocaine inside of a statue of the Virgin Mary (silence).

Speaking of Hail Marys - don't those fools know the chances of a successful pass are slim to none? They can pretty much rule out divine intervention now - they're a lost cause. Better start praying to St. Jude for this one.

And all this during the Lenten Season, of all times. Guess we all know what they'll be giving up this year!

As for me - I'll just stick with my plastic Jesus on the dashboard, thankyouverymuch.

Can I get an Amen to that!?

6 Comments:

Blogger Rocky said...

At least now the smugglers will quit cramming the drugs up the statue of Joseph's ass... er, I mean, donkey. Talk about a drug mule!

1:18 PM, April 01, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

HAHAHA! good one! that's a whole Wholly Moses moment. :)

6:26 PM, April 01, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

They have been watching too many episodes of Lost...OH SMACK me, not that dumb horse!

10:23 PM, April 01, 2006  
Blogger StringMan said...

That's funny stuff. It's right up there with the Darwin Awards -- like customs isn't going to be suspicious about some Virgin Mary statues coming from Mexico. Yeah, I guess those guys can cross Hail Mary's off their prayer list ...

8:30 AM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger RJ said...

Ill just bet the last place you'd ever look for coke would be on a virgin. I cant say as I think it was a TOTALLY bad plan.

12:17 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

interesting points you've all made. :)

It's a pretty sad state of affairs - I'm sure somewhere in Mexico there's a statue crying blood because of it.

6:03 PM, April 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home