Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Sumeyya Don't Have Sense

Headline: Girl Gets Bird Flu After Kissing Chicken
When her mother saw Sumeyya holding one of the dying chickens, she yelled at her and hit the girl to get her away.

Sumeyya began to cry. She wiped her tears with the hand she'd been using to comfort the dying chicken.
From what I gather, it was all her Mom's fault. She didn't have a swollen face from kissing the chicken, she got it due to backhanded smacks from her Mom.

Also, a town called Dogubayazit was mentioned in the article. In this area there are children who get along with the animals better than adults, who reportedly flee in fear of snarling dogs from every yard. Must be why they named the place Dogubayazit. Makes me wonder though who, exactly, are the chickens here?

The one good thing that came from reading and sharing this story is now we all know - beyond the shadow of a doubt - that chickens do, in fact, have lips.

4 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

This post is so full of potentials, I went into friggin overload-between that and the food coma I'm surprised I got any work done today.

3:46 PM, January 10, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I know what you mean, I was overwhelmed by the possibilities and just ended up keeping it short and sweet. guess you could call me chicken. :)

4:02 PM, January 10, 2006  
Blogger Rocky said...

I wonder if the kiss tasted like chicken?
Also, I've heard kissing can potentially lead to plucking :-D

7:19 PM, January 11, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

that would've really ruffled the parents feathers!

7:39 AM, January 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home