Sunday, January 22, 2006

Who Are Those Guys?

Headline: Damon and Affleck to Remake Classic Western
Best pals Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are teaming up on the big screen again to remake Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid.
THIS IS AN ABOMINATION! BLASPHEMOUS, I SAY!

There is no way those two baffoons can pull off being Butch and Sundance. Hopefully when they jump from the cliff this time around the fall will kill them or maybe the raindrops that keep falling on their heads will be big enough to give them both considerable brain damage.

Not only am I beyond tired of remakes, but also tired of bad casting. They could've, at least, casted the roles with more appropriate actors who remotely resemble the icons of the original.

My suggestion? Brad Pitt and Matthew McConaughey.


8 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

These two idiots better not try The Sting.

3:20 PM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

My Point Exactly!!!!!!!!!

3:23 PM, January 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, your picks are better suited for the roles. I think they should leave the classics alone.

5:18 PM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I agree, Milred. I mean, if the movie sucked or if there's some kind of special effects that could enhance something - then have at it, but with classics like this one, it's best left alone. Next thing ya know they'll re-do Casablanca.

5:30 PM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

or the Bad News Bears! Oh wait, they already did that! and the Pink Panther-I like Steve Martin but there is no way he can compare to Peter Sellers...so many more...leave the classics be!

10:11 PM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I agree completely. too many to list from last year alone and there's more to come. No originality whatsoever. Except for gay cowboys.

At this rate, they'll re-do True Grit starring Robin Williams.

4:22 AM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Cala Lily said...

(Ducking) I'm actually quite fond of Ben Afleck and Matt Damon, but to remake Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid is folly. The original is a consumate masterpeice of timing, of chemisty, of the perfect marriage of role to actor. No one but Newman and Redford could have pulled that off.

Yes, Casablanco, True Grit, Gone With the Wind... Once something is done exactly, precisely, as it should have been done, to attempt to recreate it is only to point out that where once there were giants, there now stands men of merely mortal stature.

11:33 AM, January 25, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Cala - no need to 'duck', I like them, too, they just need to understand their place in the world of motion pictures.

enjoyed your comment - very well said.

12:06 PM, January 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home