Sunday, December 04, 2005

Don't Cheetah on Your Diet

Headline: Thai Safari Pulls Elephant Meat From Menu
The Chiang Mai Night Safari Zoo announced last week an "Exotic Buffet" for VIP guests at its grand opening next year, which was to include tiger, lion, elephant, and giraffe. But now only farm-raised alligator and ostrich will be served at the night safari, project director Plodprasop Suraswadi said in a statement.
Who ever heard of your stomach growling after you eat?

Yes, waiter, I’ll have the Giraffe, with a green salad, and a nice glass of Reach-ling. Now, that's a tall order.

Lobster is difficult enough, how in the world would anybody eat an elephant? I know, I know - one bite at a time. Would it just be served on a spear like a shish kabob? I suppose you could use the tusks as a toothpick later, maybe.

Don’t these guys realize that if they keep serving these V.I.P. dinners there won’t be a Z.O.O. left? Animals.

11 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

Lions, tigers, and...and...giraffes don't fry!

3:06 PM, December 04, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

hahaha

3:20 PM, December 04, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

yes it is - instead of signs that say "don't feed the animals" they need ones that say "don't eat the animals".

6:01 PM, December 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you cajuns eat anything! Nice pic!

7:20 PM, December 04, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

pretty much but usually not zoo animals...unless they've been hit by a car.

thanks - I took it myself. :)

7:29 PM, December 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes good ol road kill

7:44 PM, December 04, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

HAHA. a little ketchup goes a long way.

7:48 PM, December 04, 2005  
Blogger JohnB said...

I thought roadkill already came with "ketchup"?

1:37 PM, December 05, 2005  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Sounds like the perfect beginner to "When Animals Attack 10" ONLY ON FOX!

8:24 PM, December 05, 2005  
Blogger Rocky said...

Wild post! Wow that sounds like quite the menu. What would elephant even taste like? Peanuts?
Well, at least they are keeping alligator on the menu. I suppose you have to wrestle your own, then they cook it.
And never fight over an ostrich drumstick. There's plenty there for 2.

9:34 AM, December 06, 2005  
Blogger RJ said...

"Okay Simba,...jump through the hoop or your tommorow's special,..kapeesh?".

4:19 AM, December 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home