Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Hang 'Em High

Headline: Tourists stranded on ride. Power outage leaves Stratosphere in dark.

Reason #1 of why I never rode that ride. That would seem more like an episode of Fear Factor than a vacation activity.

Why did they wait so long to call the fire department? If it were me, I would've thought about calling from my cell phone.

After all was said and done, I would've demanded an endless amount of free drinks! And tickets to the Star Trek Experience instead, at least there you never actually leave the ground.

5 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

If this would have happened at Disney, it never would have appeared in the news. They are the masters of COVERUP.

11:31 AM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Rocky said...

They probably just gave all of the "victims" of the power outage a free complimentary buffet. I wouldn't have dealt well with being stranded for 90 minutes dangling in a ride. Then again, I guess it beats being mauled by one of Sigfried and Roy's lions.

12:47 PM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Jeremy said...

The Star Trek Experience is there? Screw the Fire Department, just beam them down!

2:35 PM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

johnb: They don't call it the magic kingdom for nothing.


rocky: true about the tigers or lions or bears, oh my.

2:35 PM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

the ST experience is at the Hilton...it was just a joke. :)

2:39 PM, November 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home