Monday, October 24, 2005

Dead Man Shopping

Headline: Dead man gets parking ticket

The 71-year-old man, known to be seriously ill, went missing nine days ago and his body was found in his car in a shopping mall car park in a Melbourne suburb, police said. It is simply a case of the parking officer not noticing.
First of all, if I am seriously ill my first thought would not be I think I'll go shopping, that always makes me feel better. I hate the mall on a good day.

Secondly, how could the officer not notice? One would think a 9 day old corpse would surely emit some type of odor. This officer must have had severe sinus problems.

I wonder if the guy will have a bench warrant out for his arrest once he doesn't pay his fine or show up at his court date. Death is no excuse for not obeying the law!

I just feel sorry for the person waiting for his parking spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home