Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Barnyard Strangler

Headline: Group Condemns Chicken Choking Toy
(I know what you're thinking and you're just wrong)

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) - A chicken toy that squawks and flaps its wings when strangled is ``grossly irresponsible'' and sends the wrong message to young children , a spokesman for a leading animal welfare group said Tuesday. `What's next? Burn a cat? Shoot a dog?'' Beatty said.
First of all, let me say this: I want one.

Secondly, it's apparent to me this Beatty person has neither been around farm animals nor 3 year olds (although the two are closely related). Growing up on a farm, not only were there squawking chickens being strangled, but then boiled so as to remove the feathers more easily. And I've seen 3 years olds strangle everything they can get a hold of no matter if it was a toy, a kitten, or a grandmother. That's just what they do naturally. But, burn a cat?! That's just barbaric! (note to self...buy matches)

The only problem is I can't figure out whether Choking Chicken Toy would be a great name for a rock band or a chinese restaurant entree. But if you do happen to order this the next time you eat out, be sure to get the blackened cat as a side dish. I hear it's meowvelous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home