Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pocket Change

Headline: Hand Music: No Manual Needed

"The idea is to capture an air pocket in between your palms," he explains to Renee Montagne.

Wilson is part of a long tradition of people who have transformed their bodies into musical instruments.

Now, why is this type of music gaining such attention? It's second-hand news. My brothers have been making the same noise with their armpits since the early 70s!

And I don't even want to tell you about the trumpet and trombone sounds. Let's just say hearty beans and sturdy chairs were the only things needed to form their own version of a br-ass band. A regular chamber (pot) orchestra, if you will.

Having said that, I've been trying to do it all afternoon and I haven't produced one, single note yet. But I do think I increased my bust size, so that's something.

Guess I'll just leave this talent for the guys. One thing I have learned from reading this article is that boys are, and always will be, gross.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We must We must We must build up our bust!! Yeah, I used to make those noises with the hands. Now it's whole different story!!

4:49 PM, July 27, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Milred, you ain't lying! ;)

Remy: Sorry about the relationship, but at least you got to wear a cool, plastic firefighter hat.

I LOVED THE FIRESTATION FIELD TRIP!! :)

5:02 PM, July 27, 2006  
Blogger Death Warmed Over said...

Didn't we already go through this with Bobby McFerrin? Am I dating myself with this reference? I'd write more, but I need to go scratch and do other gross boy things.

7:22 PM, July 27, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

DWO: the interview actually included Bobby, so yes, we did along with a bunch of others. And no you're not dating yourself...death has no age. :)

3:52 AM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Rocky said...

I was really good at making these noises with my hands and provided non-stop entertainment with my friends. Then in high school and college, we discovered we could get bigger laughs by making same noises with our asses.
Hmmm, you're right. Boys are gross.

9:16 AM, July 29, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Rocky, you're too funny to be gross.

9:38 AM, July 29, 2006  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Isn't it incredible that stuff like that gets such attention? My son and his friends do it all the time. Maybe it will cover their college expenses.

3:19 PM, July 29, 2006  
Blogger On My Watch said...

EOTR: Wouldn't that be great! :)

4:29 PM, July 29, 2006  
Blogger Darius said...

In historical terms, I can tell you for sure the armpit thing goes back to at least the mid 60s.

8:00 AM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger JohnB said...

Air pockets! All too easy for the human body...I think vacuum pockets would be rather more interesting and challenging a theme...

10:39 AM, July 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home