Thursday, December 15, 2005

Tis the Season to Change the Station

Here are 5 of my most hated Christmas songs of all time, in no specific order. I only mentioned 5 because it was starting to piss me off.
George Michael - Last Christmas
(if only that were true)

John Lennon - Happy Christmas (War is Over)
(something about those kids singing just grates me)

Band Aid - Feed the World/Do They Know It's Christmas?
("well, thank God it's them instead of you" - heh.)

Chipmunks - Chipmunks Christmas Song
(if I wanted to sing like those guys, I'd be Mayor of Munchin City)

Charlie Brown - Christmas Time is Here
(if that doesn't make you hold a gun to your head, nothing will)

Honorable mention: The Eagles - Please Come Home for Christmas (mostly because it's played every 10 seconds, no matter what -- they obviously left for a reason so Get Over It)
Avoiding these tunes every year always seems to help my jolly factor tremendously.

3 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

Whatever happened to those cherished Christmas songs like the Kinks' "Father Christmas" or anything else similar?

7:20 AM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

replaced with the Iron Man spoof - I Am Santa Clause!

7:34 AM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

correction: claus - I really need to enroll in that English class. (Clause, Claus, and Claws.)

7:35 AM, December 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home