Thursday, November 03, 2005

Sex Cells

Headline: Fossils Copulating for 65 Million Years

The fossils are tiny swarm cells, a stage in the development of the fungus myxomycetes, also known as slime molds. The cells reproduce by "fusing," ... Once the cells fuse, long, threadlike appendages known as flagella, are lost.

"The sexual organs being delicate and the time of conjugation short lived, it is indeed rare to get this stage in the fossil state," the study said.

Talk about stamina! But don't you hate it when you lose your flagella? That's sooo not flagella.

What I can't believe is they found them in the fossil state, which happens to be the official state motto of Idaho. And you thought it was all about the potatoes - explains the term Hot Potato, considering the compromising position they were in.

Oh well, they died happy. Now, I'm off to find my flagella.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

"Are you gellin' like a felon?"

"I'm so gellin', I'm Flagellan."

11:42 AM, November 03, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

chillin' like a villain, for 65 million (hey, I tried to rhyme!)

11:55 AM, November 03, 2005  
Blogger Jeremy said...

You might go platinum if you start wearing that Kevlar vest. Mine is actually just a rip-off of those Dr. Sholes commercials, so don't feel too bad.

12:03 PM, November 03, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

Yes, I start my north american tour next week. :-) I'm just glad you got my reference in the post in the first place.

12:08 PM, November 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home