Saturday, April 05, 2008

Yawn...Stretch

Headline: Couple Sues Google Over "Street View"

According to the Borings, they purchased their Oakridge Lane home in late-2006 for "a considerable sum of money," noting that a "major component of their purchase decision was a desire for privacy."

They're just pissed off that their last name is Boring. Can you imagine the comments those people must've received because of that? The torment would begin as soon as introductions were made. Hi, I'm Mr. Boring. No doubt, it was downhill from then on.
That's the cause of their mental suffering, not the picture of their house. How many times have they heard these responses?

No, actually, I don't have time to see your Boring family vacation slides. I'd rather watch a 24-hour marathon of Joanie Loves Chachi.

Um, I'd love to attend your Boring Christmas party, but I have a last-minute root canal that I need to take care of.

If I were the wife, I'd have one of those hyphenated names just so I wouldn't be completely associated with such a Boring last name.
Unless her maiden name was Schitzalot, then I can see how Boring would be a step up.
But to step up and sue Google is a stretch. I don't know if they'll win, but I'm sure it'll bring a little excitement to their otherwise boring lives.

4 Comments:

Blogger David Amulet said...

Perhaps her maiden name was so bad that hyphenating would be worse.

Something like Youthinkhesbadbutimevenmore.

12:03 PM, April 16, 2008  
Blogger Aunty Belle said...

Howdy, OnMyWatch..I wuz readin' an old post of the K-9's (she done a retrospective) and seen one of yore comments--so I came ovah heah to see iffin' ya was still bloggin--an GOLRY! ya is.

How ya been?

From the olden days,
Aunty Belle

6:44 PM, May 21, 2008  
Blogger JohnB said...

onmywatch...we miss you

anyway, what did Google do exactly? did they plant some boring termites into their nice little home?

9:51 PM, July 07, 2008  
Blogger Crushed said...

I have come across people called;
Mark Swallows
Eric Shufflebottom
Ernie Cunto

Nop, these people ARE real. I've met them.

4:04 PM, August 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home