Thursday, December 22, 2005

Birds of a Feather

Headline: Parrots mirror human mental disorders
A study of abnormal repetitive behaviors practiced by Orange-winged Amazon parrots indicates environment plays a role in two types of behavior that the caged birds perform.
How would you be able to tell if there was a problem? Would they constantly clean their cage and then do it all over again? Do they spend all day looking at the mirror seeming to wonder, "do these feathers make me look fat?" Have they seen every movie made by Woody Allen - twice?

One indicator may be if you hear them ask for a cracker and it goes something like this - Squaawk, Polly wants a#)!&*!+ cracker, #*(@!)! squaaawwk! - then they just may have tourettes.

Either that or their owner is Dennis Leary.

6 Comments:

Blogger JohnB said...

I can see how this study is truly necessary! Yes, it is coming to me, I totally understand now...

7:58 AM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

I don't know why they care what a parrot does...especially if it sounds like Gilbert Gottfried.

8:05 AM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Yeah, or the Parrot just saw any mob movie where Joe Pesci is a gangster and says *&(*% two millions times in ten minutes.

11:10 AM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

as long as the parrot doesn't possess a bat everything's fine. :)

11:31 AM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger JohnB said...

Would do you mean by "bat", their wings or eyes?

1:34 PM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger On My Watch said...

wow - aren't you the clever one. :-) took me a minute to get it. "bat" as in Louisville Slugger.

2:14 PM, December 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home